Spaghetti Squash & Grilled Chicken
Simple, healthy, and easy to customize!
Use whatever protein you'd like or just do veggies! Exchange the spices for a blend you'd prefer. Make it your own!
This is a more "Italian" version, feel free to change it to Thai, Mexican, Caribbean, and more!
1 hour (down time for most of it)
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut down the center, seeds removed (don't scrape out the actual flesh though)
- Pour Olive's Ultra Premium Olive oil or Infused Olive oil (like Tuscan Herb, Herbs de Provence, Gremolata, Mushroom & Sage, or Lemon)
Enough oil to dress the squash and the pan- about 3 Tbsp or so
- 1 chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, sliced thin
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small package french green beans, halved
- 1/2 pint baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C chicken/vegetable stock (more or less as desired)
- 1/2 C white wine (more or less as desired)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning and an herb blend (opt)
- Finishing drizzle of Pour Olive's Balsamic, like Fig, Sicilian Lemon, Neapolitan Herb, Pomegranate, or Denissimo
- Preheat Oven to 375-400*
Rub olive oil over the halved squash, season with salt and pepper. Place on foil lined tray and bake for 40-45mins till soft and you're able to use a fork to "shred" the flesh into "spaghetti".
- Heat pan over medium high heat, add olive oil, garlic, and chicken. Brown chicken then remove and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to same pan and saute onion, carrot, tomato, green beans, and mushroom till just soft. Add back chicken.
- Turn heat up then deglaze the pan by adding white wine and stock then scraping the bottom to remove bits. Allow to reduce a bit to desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste. (You can use an herb blend here as well for added flavor.)
- Place portion of spaghetti squash on plate and top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Spoon over a bit of the pan sauce and finish with a drizzle of chosen balsamic for extra flavor!